Tuesday 26 February 2013

Music: The Grey Album - Jay Z Mashups

Its a beautiful morning.

I love music, I listen to it everyday. Whether it be in car, in class, in gym or when I am running. I find that it gives me a soundtrack to my life. My music tastes and choices often change with my moods and feelings but it will always have some relation.

I hate popular music with a passion. I find it so brainless and knowing that I am listening to something that anyone and everyone else is listening too makes it worse. There is no engagement with the music, It takes away from the art and detracts from the nature of my understanding of music.

However despite the disgusting state of popular music nowadays there are a few artists doing absolutely amazing work. Danger-mouse is one of those producers. This work of genius come from way back in 2004, almost a decade ago. He takes instrumentals created from a multitude of unauthorized samples from The BeatlesLP The Beatles (more commonly known as The White Album) and puts them up against some powerful lyrics by taking the acapellas from  Jay-Z's The Black Album.

The album ties in nicely as it fits perfectly with my last music post and if you didn't get a chance to check it out, here we go - The notorious xx.

If at this point you are having any doubts as to the how good this project is. Listen to this. 




Here is the entire mix-tape, save it for a long drive sometime. It is really worth a continuous listen. I have included links to download each individual track so you can jump to your favourite.




DOWNLOAD TORRENT - THE GREY ALBUM (INDIVIDUAL TRACKS)

Sort of related. Still a brilliant cover. Definite download.

Click to download




I was literally just trolling the net, looking for links for your downloads and look what I found. I think I may have stumbled upon some gold, a brilliant concept and well executed. Not many people can walk that tight rope. I will give it a few listens and see what happens. Such a good idea to combine two pinnacles of musical greatness in black history. Monumental stuff.



If you enjoyed the music and would like to here more from me.Please like my Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/FoolsOfRandomness

Peace,

RSM

1 comment:

  1. I want to use this opportunity to thank this great holy man called Priest Babaka for what he has done for me and my family. This great man has brought happiness and joy back again to me and my family. Priest Babaka has used his great power to help me bring back my husband within the period of 48 hours and also helped me in getting pregnant with his powerful prayers and after 7 days of applying his herbs.This is more than words can say, at first i didn't believe it but today it is so true and all thanks goes to him. i will advice every one out there that has a similar issue, and also any one who is willing to get his or her lover back and any one who wants to get pregnant quick to contact this wonderful man today and forever remain happy in life. email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete