Wednesday 27 February 2013

Diet & Lifestyle: Paleo

I have committed a huge amount of time over the last couple of years to training and nutrition. I have spent countless hours researching different diets, ingredients, training styles and techniques. I have experimented, failed and succeeded but I have never given up on the lifestyle.

Three years ago, in my final year at school I had a Latarjet procedure because I had dislocated my shoulder a few times playing rugby. Unfortunately I suffered from a complication during the operation. I am still uncertain of who is to blame but it left my right shoulder paralysed. Either the Anaesthetist or the Orthopaedic Surgeon managed to damage my brachial nerve complex. It doesn't matter now because although it was a long (I could not move my arm for over a year) time ago, the emotional wounds have started to heal. I am back stronger than ever before and more importantly I am more determined and driven.

Sorry for the little life story but I promise I do make a point relating to Paleo.

During my recovery period I started up smoking out of boredom and rebellion. I started to eat like crap and loose touch with myself. I began to put on weight and become one of those over-weight coach potatoes. I was going nowhere quickly. I needed a complete change, not a correction. I needed change badly. It came in the form of the Paleo diet and the Crossfit mentality. So enough back story to why I am so passionate about this eating structure.

If you are serious about change and would like to see results download and read through this manual.

Elite Nutrition Guide (Right Click - Save as)



I managed to find this info-graphic courtesy of - paleolithicdiet.com: Have a look. It literally explains everything. It is important to clear your mind of any preconceived dieting rules. Have an open mind and try to understand the mental approach to food and nutrition. It made a real change to my life - I have never been fitter, healthier or stronger. Clear skin, good hair and nails are my favourite benefits.




Paleolithic Diet Explained

My favourite description of the Paleo approach can be found on the Whole9 site:

I eat “real” food -- fresh, natural food like meat, vegetables and fruit. I choose foods that are nutrient dense, with lots of naturally-occurring vitamins and minerals, over foods that have more calories but less nutrition. And food quality is important -- I'm careful about where my meat comes from, and buy produce locally and organically as often as possible.
It’s not a low calorie “diet” -- I eat as much as I need to maintain strength, energy and a healthy weight. In fact, my diet is probably much higher in fat than you’d imagine. Fat isn't the enemy -- it’s a great energy source when it comes from high quality foods like avocado, coconut and nuts. And I'm not trying to do a “low carb” thing, but since I'm eating vegetables and fruits instead of bread, cereal and pasta, it just happens to work out that way.
Eating like this is good for maintaining a healthy metabolism, and reducing inflammation within the body. It’s been doing great things for my energy levels, body composition and performance in the gym. It also helps to minimize my risk for a whole host of lifestyle diseases and conditions, like diabetes, heart attack and stroke.

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great. Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to use this opportunity to thank this great holy man called Priest Babaka for what he has done for me and my family. This great man has brought happiness and joy back again to me and my family. Priest Babaka has used his great power to help me bring back my husband within the period of 48 hours and also helped me in getting pregnant with his powerful prayers and after 7 days of applying his herbs.This is more than words can say, at first i didn't believe it but today it is so true and all thanks goes to him. i will advice every one out there that has a similar issue, and also any one who is willing to get his or her lover back and any one who wants to get pregnant quick to contact this wonderful man today and forever remain happy in life. email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete