Friday 15 March 2013

Weekly: Advertising Analysis - Wonderbra

Good morning,

I wrote this post yesterday morning but I was unable to put it online because my internet was down. I always feel like a victim of Murphy's law.

On to the post.

This weeks advert comes from Wonderbra. I am very sure most people, especially men know what the engineering geniuses at Wonderbra have created. For those who live under a rock or in a cave here is a copy pasted summary of one of the greatest inventions know to males.

"The Wonderbra is a type of push-up underwire brassiere that gained worldwide prominence in the 1990s. Although the Wonderbra name was first trademarked in the U.S. in 1935,[1] the brand was developed in Canada." - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderbra

If you have some spare time, go and have a look at the Wikipedia link. Wonderbra has an intriguing and genuinely interesting history. It will surprise you.





I always find the strongest visuals are more often the most simple of images. You could not be more straightforward. Two oranges positioned and pealed in way so that the final image resembles a pair of women's breasts. The headline reads, "Fits Naturally". This works so well with the simplistic visuals and does not explain the visual but rather deepens the understanding of the advert that the consumer has. It allows the viewer to piece together the visual clues and together with the headline have the satisfaction of "working it out". The reward is the humor that the advert communicates.


I am about to start the weekend. Its Thursday and I can not wait for tomorrow, I plan to get so drunk. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Until you read again. Cheers.

RSM

No comments:

Post a Comment